Thursday, November 25, 2010

5th Chemo Infusion

Hello Everyone:
Yesterday I spent the afternoon at the Alfond Cancer Center and had my 5th Chemo infusion that went well. The usual side effects of the legs full of lead last night and the prickling in my hands and fingers if they get cold. Last time I was up every hour all night going to the bathroom and last night was up only twice so got a good night's sleep. Today we went to daughter Gina and son-in-law Dick's house for Thanksgiving Dinner. Had 4 of the 5 kids and spouses there, 2 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren and had a wonderful day as my Chemo pump squished away. Tomorrow afternoon the traveling nurse will stop by the house around 2 PM and remove the pump and at 2 PM on Saturday I'll go in to the Oncology unit in Augusta and have my Neulaster shot in my belly to boost my bone marrow into overdrive to build my red blood cells back up. As I write this I have to say that I feel better at this point in time than I have at any time during the last 4 infusions so maybe my body is adjusting to this masochism and will allow me less discomfort than in the past. I really can't complain as I am having almost none of the side effects that most folks go through. I thank God everyday for this good fortune and I know that all of your prayers are what is keeping me buoyed up. I'll be back on in a few days to let you know how I finally make out. My next infusion on December 8th will be the 6th one and after that I'll be over the apex and sliding down hill toward the finish line. I will then know that the light at the end of the tunnel  isn't the headlamp of an oncoming locomotive. Talk to you soon. Love, Dad (Al)

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys, it was good to talk to you today! Happy thanksgiving!

    You're halfway done dad! Love the pic of mom the lumberjack. All you need are suspenders and a bra! (google "I'm a lumberjack" then watch the video). (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al, Connie and Family, please take care and God Bless you all. Al, your a trooper and a great friend. I always remember waking up, and seeing you, when I cut off my finger. If, there is anything that I can do, for you just let me know, driving, chores etc.

    ReplyDelete