Monday, November 15, 2010

4th Infusion Completed

Hello Everyone:

At noon on Saturday I finished my 4th Chemo infusion with my Neulaster shot in my belly. I have now completed 1/3 of my program. I will be half way through when I complete my 6th infusion the second week in December. Can't come to an end soon enough! Side effects this time are still no nausea nor diarrhea, however, the cold really is affecting my fingers. I am OK as long as I keep them warm. If they get cold they get very prickly and numb so I am keeping them warm all that I can. Also, the Chemo is now affecting my taste buds with the taste of everything dulled and somewhat of a metallic taste. The worst problem is I now have no stamina. I get up all fired up to get a lot done and by 9:00 AM I am out of gas and taking a power nap. Connie noticed my frustration this past weekend when we were raking leaves and cutting pucker brush. I had to sit down every ten minutes and take 2 or 3 power naps during the day. I guess I just have to accept that this will be the tale for the next 4 months and suck it up and move on. The problem is that I have always been so active and I can see all of the things that I want to do and just can't do them. Late last week when undergoing the infusion I had some time to contemplate my navel (Where have I been, Where am I and Where am I going). I thank the Good Lord for sending me my superstar doctors. If Dave Rideout, my Surgeon, and Ron Hart, my Oncologist hadn't appeared on my radar, I honestly don't know where I would be right now. The fantastic surgery removed all of the cancer and the minimal chemo infusions are killing any shard that may have been missed. When looking around at a number of my friends with similar problems, I am moving through this like a cakewalk as compared with what they are going through. Thank you my friends for saving my life with minimal inconvenience. I'll make another post near the end of the week and let you know if I see any changes for the better as the infusion wears off. Talk to you soon.

Love, Dad (Al)

No comments:

Post a Comment