Hi Everyone:
Even though I don't feel that great I decided that the annual deer hunt trip up to camp was on. Had a great week even with the snow, 59 degree weather with rain and sun. Had a day and a half to hunt with snow and we saw 2 small does. Bucks only and they didn't show. Saw 6 moose, 8 turkeys, a mink, an otter, 4 partridge and only 3 hunters all week. By feeling constantly exhausted all of the time it was sleep in until 7:30 in the morning and back in bed by 9:00 in the evening. Also, a power nap after lunch every day. Still had the chance to get out into the woods even though I didn't walk more than 100 yards each time. Cousin Norm Roy went with me as we have been doing for the last quarter century. He did the walking after helping me get set up to sit and watch areas. I have attached a couple of pictures that he took of me sitting watching an old haul road. I figured I could feel crappy sitting home or out in the woods sucking up the nice clear air. The woods decision was a good one and we played a lot of cribbage while in camp. Glad that I made the decision.
Just soaking up the sun and fresh air was a great healing experience. When I got home today I got a huge surprise as my kids had another cord of fire wood delivered while I was gone and Son in Law Dick and Grandson Matt had it all stacked in the wood bin and it is full. I can't thank all of you enough for all that you are doing for me. It seems that every day something else blows my socks off. This coming Wednesday, November 10th, I have my 4th Chemo infusion and by the weekend will be a third of the way through the process. I'll keep you posted on my reaction to it this time. Love, Dad (Al)
I was glad to see there wasn't any snow. We're going up in a couple of weeks :)
ReplyDelete