Hello Everyone:
Yesterday I spent the day at the Alfond Cancer Center and had my fourth infusion and am now on my 46 hour venture with my Chemo pump. That comes off around noon tomorrow and around noon on Saturday I go to the Oncology Unit at the hospital in Augusta for my Neulaster shot in my belly to jump start my bone marrow to replace the red blood cells killed by the Chemo. Ten days off and then I go at it again. Saturday noon means that I am already 1/3 the way through the regimen so it looks like I will get through it with minimum side effects. This time it is again just extreme exhaustion and the tingling and prickly sensation in my fingers. I can live with that as I wear gloves even around the house to keep them warm. Today being the holiday Connie was home and we raked and hauled off 7 big yard carts more of leaves and should finish the crappy detail on Saturday. The leaves are finally all off the trees. When we finished I was beat and took a power nap. While I was doing that Paula Bunyan (Connie) took the chain saw and went down toward the lake cutting pucker brush to improve the view to the lake. Tonight she can hardly move as she has stiffened up from using muscles that she hasn't used in years, but she is still happy that she did what she did.
Paula Bunyan
In a few days I'll make another post to let you know how I came out of this infusion after completing everything.
Love, Dad (Al)
No comments:
Post a Comment