Hello Family and Friends:
I have now completed my 9th infusion and it is starting to take it's toll on me. My blood work showed that my hemoglobin is down to 9.6. Normal is 13.5 to 16.5 and this explains why I am exhausted all of the time. I am trying to eat an Iron rich diet so that hopefully I can bring it up some before my next infusion. Also my kidneys are starting to show some stress so I am drinking lots of fluids to try to keep them flushed out and less stressed trying to get the chemo out of my system. For the first time I have a mouth sore and body sores. The body sores are very dry skin splitting at my finger tips and on my heels. I am keeping them lathered up with bag balm and this is helping as well as putting on industrial strength hand cream every couple of hours. I am thanking God that I have only 3 more infusions left and asking for help to get through them. 7 weeks from now I'll be through it and can then work on getting my strength back. Thank you for all of your prayers. I'll be back again soon.
Love, Dad (Al)
Well I finally was able to sign in to make a comment..have been reading all your blogs and must say Al and Connie.. you have shown lots of courage, faith and hope.. but Love is the greatest of them all and you have to know that we all love and care for you especially during the tough times ahead..Keep the faith..
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers, Priscilla and Gil.