Sunday, December 12, 2010

On the down hill run

Hello Family & Friends:
Yesterday I finished my 6th Chemo infusion with my Neulaster shot in my belly. At 1:05 PM I tipped over the apex, being half way through, and started downhill on my bob-sled toward the finish line and the light that I see at the end of the tunnel I am now sure is not the headlamp of an oncoming locomotive. I am having the same no side effects except for the exhaustion. I am thanking the Good Lord for large favors of having no other problems. My Oncologist on Wednesday said that all of my vitals are excellent with my blood count normal. He advised that a majority of His Chemo patients have enough side effects that he has to cut back on the dosage so that they can cope with it. I am straight on course with no reduction necessary. I only get 9 days off this time to recover as I will have my 7th infusion on Tuesday December 21st so that I don't have to go to the hospital on Christmas day for my Neulaster shot. I will be back on schedule for the 8th infusion so get an 11 day reprieve that time. Connie's leg is pretty well healed up from the chain saw accident and when we go for a follow-up on Tuesday hopefully she will be able to abandon the crutches that are screwing up her back. The lower back is more painful than the leg has been. Her Chiropractor has been able to keep things pretty well under control. I'll be back on if I have any unforeseen repercussions.
Love, Dad (Al)

1 comment:

  1. Al - Congratulations on turning the corner. Looking forward to seeing you and Connie over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete