Friday, April 22, 2011

Seven Weeks Out

Hello Family and Friends:
I am now 7 weeks out of my Chemo Therapy and am doing very well. I appear to have no Chemo Fog or mental deficiency that so many people suffer from and my taste buds are back close to normal. It is a pleasure to eat food and be able to taste it. I lost 30 pounds during the Surgery/Chemo process and have gained back 8 pounds to date. My clothes aren't quite so baggy on me. I am starting to get back into my routine of attending meetings and civic affairs as well a doing physical labor outside cleaning up the winter debris. I still don't have a great deal of stamina and am still taking power naps, however, down to one a day. Next week on my Oncologist's orders I am going back to the gym and performing 30 minutes of moderate to strenuous activity 5 days a week to build up my strength and stamina. I am looking forward to warmer weather where I can get out into the sun and bake my old bones. Looking forward to getting the cargo shorts on again. I'll update you again in a couple of weeks on how the gym routine is going. Talk to you soon.
Love,
Dad (Al)

No comments:

Post a Comment